Sunday, February 25, 2018

Strange Orchids

Hey, I've been busy, and I'm going to show you what's been keeping me sane.
I've been working on my art. Watercolors, to be exact. Watercolor is a difficult medium to master, and I'm here to tell you, I've been dabbling in it for months. I've finally found on-line artists that I watch, and one is more of an instructor, and it has helped me to listen to what he says about working with the medium.

Anyway, my current dabblings are below. First I'll show you my paintings, and then the photos (which I've gotten all from Pinterest), to use for the picture.

My paintings usually take me a couple of hours in two afternoons, during the week. On the weekends, I might get one done in a day, depending upon its difficulty.

Below is a close-up of a strange looking flower.
It took me an hour to find something similar on line to figure out what it was exactly.
Do you know what this flower is?


Give up? Well, it's a water lily. Below is a picture of one. 
Beautiful flower, and I had no idea water lilies came in different colors!



Below is a picture of the next offering as I was getting the colors in. There's a strategy to paintings. You need to know how to go about something as complicated as this one.


The finished painting came out really well, I think, considering the difficulty.
What is it? No. Not a spaceship, or something captured from a weird dream. . .


It's actually an orchid. I didn't exactly find out what sort it was, but if you ever see one in your local florist, you'll probably remember it.
Below is a photo of the orchid and the close up of the waterlily.
Hope you enjoyed these.




6 comments:

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...