Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's Ring In The New Year!


My husband and I are ready for a brand new year, for sure. We've lost a dear one, had backs go out, missed work, lay-offs, and the list was very long and we're just ready for a brand new start, if it takes a new year/calendar to do it, I'll drink to that!

Of course there were a few good things to feel blessed about too. We live in northern Illinois and somehow the bad weather that each coast has experienced has missed us--so far! We didn't spend Christmas eve and Christmas day in a motel because of a power outage.

My new book was one huge one. It took me a year to find a publisher who would take on this book (without trying to change it into something it wasn't), take a chance that it might do well. Copperhill Media is certainly trying to give it a go.

My blog was another thing that I worked on extensively because I knew I would need the base by which to launch a vampire novel. For the longest time, Heather seemed to be my only reader. We both came from Author Nation, I followed her to her blog, a few years ago, tried to settle into blogspot. Didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I learned. Eventually, of course, my blog became a vampire blog, but not exclusively, and my readers/followers, and viewers grew from maybe one to 30, and my hits have gone over 3,000 (of course it's been counting me, I think) and the country count is now up to 36--which is cool. I see Russia, Germany, Canada, England, and places like Lithuania, Romania are constantly checking my blog out. So, I'd have to say, this has been a successful year for the blog.

And not least are the many friends I have made here at blogspot--you, my writing friends out there are wonderful. I used to ache for feedback from other writers for years. It is a lonely world for us writers. I mean, unless you find a writing group in your area, you're pretty much alone. And I really can't find the time to go to one. Just not enough time in the day. So, my cup is full, I drink to all of you who have come and made comments and kept me encouraged, and being out there, posting your knowledge as well. Thank you!

Speaking of followers, and friends who support me, I want to thank Michele Hauf at VamChix for actually answering my prayer that she would follow through with featuring me/my book "if and when it gets published". We had a spammer, but I think between the two of us, we got rid of her. And Michele has invited me to be on VampChix again, and I'll be taking her up on that as soon as the next one is out.

And TODAY another fellow writer, Tammy McKee has so graciously agreed to hosting me/my book as an interview. So, I hope you'll stop by in your busy day to make a short comment, show your continued support as we all begin our new years.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great New Year Lorelei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been both a challenging and rewarding year in many ways. Here's to a wonderful new year full of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me...

AUDIO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE!

Hi, everyone, I have some great news! My first Sabrina Strong book, Ascension, is now in an audio book format.  NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTE...